Monday, August 8, 2011

Age 26 and want to go to college, need help?

I'm 26, have 2 kids, and I have been going to school online for medical transcription with Career Step. I've been with the father of my children for 10 years, but we are not married. Since he works and pays the bills, it has allowed me to stay at home with my kids, which has been such a blessing. I want to get a higher education than medical transcription. I basically chose this career path because I get to work and study from home. The other types of careers I'm interested in are Dental Hygenist, Massage Therapist, or an X-ray Technician. I don't have money for college, I don't know what colleges in my area offer the type of majors/degree I'm looking for, and I just don't know where to begin. There are just so many colleges, so many different things to research, I'm just overwhelmed. I live in Deerfield, Ohio which is 30 min from Akron, about 20 min from Alliance, and 40 min from Canton. I really want to go to school at Mount Union in Alliance, but it is a private college and I'm not sure how hard it is to get into. Could anyone give me some advice where to start, what I should be looking for in a school, what I can expect, financial support, etc? Do I just start calling colleges, look at their websites, get info, and what not? Where do I begin?

No comments:

Post a Comment