Friday, August 12, 2011

Need to know if these areas are safe to raise a family, please help!?

Relocating to Tennessee in a year or so and I am on a budget of 100,000 or less, preferably less. We will probably look for a foreclosure if possible. Anyway, the closer to Nashville the better. I have 2 young kids so schools need to be safe. I know I can't afford the top of the line schools, but I'd like them to be safe. I have heard that Antioch area is "really dangerous" and that it is "a bad area" but the real estate looks amazing for the prices. Most of them look like almost new construction, clean, and nice for 100,000 range 0_0. I currently live in the country in Ohio, in the middle of Canton, Akron, and Youngstown. We live in a 3 br 2 ba manufactured home for almost 100 grand and I am seeing WAY better real estate in TN for about the same price as we paid for ours. I want to be as close as I can be to Nashville and still be able to raise my family in a safe environment. The other places on my list are Smyrna, La Vergne, and Murfreesboro. I had originally checked Anioch off my list until I saw some of the real estate. I can handle imperfection to an extent, I just don't want to live in the hood. I remember when I was a kid, I was traveling my family and we got lost in a really bad area. It was so scary! I swear there were gangs fighting on the street and people were staring our car down. It was not a pleasant experience so yea, trying to avoid an area like that, lol. I hope I that clarifies what I'm looking for. I want to move to TN because we have family down there, people are so friendly there, tired of Ohio winters (so depressing!), and to be close to the MUSIC! I can live in the country, but I'd really like to live in a nice neighborhood. Are the places I listed good places? If you can think of some others that I might like please list them! Thanks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment